THE TEN COMMANDMENTS WHEN APPLYING FOR A MORTGAGE
THOU SHALT NOT:
1. Change jobs, become self –employed or quit your job.
2. Buy a car, truck or van (or you may be living in it!)
3. Use credit cards excessively or let current accounts fall behind.
4. Spend money you have set aside for closing.
5. Omit debts or liabilities from your loan application.
6. Buy Furniture- Or you will be paying for storage because you have no where to put it.
7. Originate any inquires into your credit
8. Make large or cash deposits without checking with your loan officer.
9. Change bank accounts.
10. Co-sign a loan for anyone
I give this information to all my home-buyers 1st or other. Its a great reminder and will save a lot of frustration in the end.