Prices are up 5% over last year same time July 2016 vs. July 2015
2141 brand new listings in July that is up 53 from last month. 2141 total active at the end of the month.
Up +3% July 2016 vs. July 2015
2079 units went pending last month that is 62 less however than June.
+9% July 2016 vs. July 2015.
1673 units +11 more than last month
Days on Market
Snohomish County Active to pending 25 days vs. 36 a year ago. Incredible!
Median home price in Snohomish County $387,000!!
Median home price in King County $523,000. Snohomish county is gaining however the gap between King and Snohomish is growing.
Months of inventory
If no additional homes would be put on the market, there would be no inventory left after 1.25 months in Snohomish County. In King County that figure is 1.2 months. A balanced “normal” market is 3-6 months. Buyers’ market more than 6 and Sellers less than 3 months.
Area price % growth based on last Quarter
Bothell + 14%, Edmonds/Lynnwood +5%. Everett/Mukilteo +11%
Snohomish/Monroe + 11%. Lake Stevens/Granite Falls/Arlington/Darrington +7 %. Marysville +7%
New Construction is included in these percentages.
July 2016 Market Characteristics:
- Sellers: position your home to get premium pricing.
- Buyers: need to be Buyer-Ready, Day-One™ to get a home in today’s market.
- The market continues to be more intense than during the same time in year 2015.
- Sales activity in King and Snohomish County is lower than a year ago but July 2015 was the best July on record. If we had more homes for sale, we would have had more sales activity.
- There’s a severe shortage of homes for sale close to job centers. We are virtually sold out, and each new property on the market is getting instant action and most of the time multiple offers.
- More new listings will lead to a higher level of sales activity.
- Prices are increasing in the price ranges and the market areas where 90 percent of the sales activity is taking place, leading to premium pricing for sellers in those areas.
- Interest rates continue to be in the upper threes.
- Multiple offer everything
- More new listings come on market from March through October than November through February.
- More selection but also more intense.